• Apu, is an employee at Quick-E-Mart, a mini-market, in downtown Springfield.
• Apu wears the following clothes to work every day:
As a developer, you eventually need to come up with a technical solution; so asking the right first question, will help the process significantly.
Superior Consulting Services (SCS) is offering a series of technical coding challenges designed to challenge and test the skills of C application developers while also educating them on the latest in coding. This blog addresses C basics and presents SCS fourth challenge: Business Analysis.
What steps should Apu take to remedy this problem?
Be sure to check out codingchallenge 1challenge 2andchallenge 3, and learn the winning solutions forchallenge 1challenge 2andchallenge 3.
On his way into work on Tuesday, Apu looks up and notices that his light, unexpectedly, went off.
To perform effectively as a C software application developer, in addition to being acquainted with various facets of the C programming language, one must also have a fundamental understanding of business analysis.
Superior Consulting Services (SCS) is a Microsoft Gold Certified technology firm providing innovative solutions that enable our clients to solve business problems. We use Microsoft products and tools to provide custom solutions to small- to medium-sized businesses in the Twin Cities, as well as large companies in the area and across the U.S.
Each SCS challenge will require the user to solve a problem and present their approach through a written solution. All questions are designed to be solvable by mid-level C application developers in one hour or less.
2. Contestant challenge submittals should be emailed ith the subject lineSCS Coding Challenge 4
1. All responses should be prepared in English using proper grammar and contain no more than 250 total words.
As a developer acting in the role of business analyst, come up with the Best question that will help Apu solve his problem.
The best solution submitted will receive an Amazon gift certificate worth $25.00 and have the winning solution, along with the winners name, on the SCS website:
3.Reponses to Challenge 4 should be receivedby 5:00 pm CDT, June 30, 2015
5. Employees of SCS are not eligible to participate in the coding challenge.
• Apu Nahasapeemapetilon is a fictional character, voiced by Hank Azaria, on the American cartoon sitcom, The Simpsons.
The challenge consists of a scenario encompassing a unique problem. See below. Performing as a developer, address the scenario with one (1) written question that will help you understand the problem better.
4. In the event of a tie between two or more winning solutions, the first solution received will receive the prize; however, all submitters with correct solutions will be recognized.